Welcome to Spot it Share it  - the portal to create service requests!

View our Spot it Share it page

Here, you can report issues, make requests for service, ask questions and provide feedback to town staff, anywhere, anytime. Best of all, you can track the progress and completion of your request so you know exactly what is going on.

All you have to do is click the Spot it Share or click on Access the portal here. 

For any emergency situations outside of regular hours (which are related to water, sewer or road conditions, and where there is imminent danger to public or private property), please call 905-892-2607 and follow the prompts or dial 905-734-0892 directly. 


Reporting a Claim

If you have suffered a personal injury or have sustained damage to your personal property as a direct result of activities or services provided by the Town of Pelham and wish to submit a claim for your damages, the following steps will guide you.  

Personal Injury

The Municipal Act, 2001, imposes time restrictions for reporting accidents that occur on roads, bridges and sidewalks, including motor vehicle collisions, trip and fall incidents and slip and fall incidents. Such incidents must be reported to the Town within ten (10) days after the occurrence in order to be considered.

The Occupiers’ Liability Act also imposes time restrictions for reporting accidents caused by snow or ice on Town property other than roads, bridges and sidewalks. Such incidents must be reported to the Town within sixty (60) days after the occurrence in order to be considered.

If you wish to report a claim for personal injury, please complete the Incident Report Form that is available on the Town website or at Town Hall.

If you are unable to complete the Incident Report Form, you must prepare a written Claim Letter or Notice of Claim that provides: 

  • Date and time of incident
  • Exact location of incident
  • Type of incident and any relevant details

The Incident Report Form, Claim Letter or Notice of Claim must be served on or sent by mail or email to the Town Clerk's Office.

Incident Report Form - Fillable PDF

Property Damage

If you sustain damage to your personal property, report the incident to your insurance carrier. Your insurer will assess the damage and will make the immediate necessary arrangements to commence clean up, repair and/or replacement of the damaged property. Please make a list of all damaged or affected areas and/or items and take photographs if possible. Your insurer should pay for damages and if applicable, it will contact the Town for recovery.

If your insurance company does not cover your property damage, please complete the Incident Report Form or a written Claim Letter or Notice of Claim detailing the events that may have caused the damage, providing any photographs taken and attaching copies of any invoices or expenses incurred. If you have not yet received any invoices, please indicate that they are forthcoming.

Incident Report Form - Fillable PDF

Please submit your claim and all relevant documents to:
Jodi Legros, Legislative Coordinator 
Office of the Town Clerk
The Town of Pelham 
20 Pelham Town Square, Fonthill ON L0S 1E0, P.O. Box 400
Telephone: 905-980-6664
Email: jlegros@pelham.ca 

Upon receipt of your claim, the Town or its adjuster begins an investigation and typically a response will be sent to you within eight (8) to twelve (12) weeks.

Additional Information

The Town of Pelham will not be held responsible for your personal injury or property damage claim unless you can provide evidence that it was caused by a negligent act or omission of the Town. Like most Canadian municipalities, the Town of Pelham only compensates claims when it is legally liable for the damage sustained. This approach helps to reduce costs for the taxpaying public who ultimately bear the cost of these claims. The Town also seeks recovery of damages and costs from other parties that may be responsible for personal injury or property damage, including damage to Town property such as streetlights and fire hydrants.

Payment of any claim is contingent upon the Town being found liable. Fraudulent claims cost all taxpayers. The Town will prosecute all fraudulent claims to the fullest extent of the law.

The personal information provided to the Town of Pelham as part of a claim is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001. The information is used solely for the purpose of processing the claim and will be supplied to the Town's claims adjuster and its insurer. If the incident may have occurred as the result of work being done by a contractor on behalf of the Town or a public utility, this information will be shared with the contractor or the public utility, which may disclose it to its claims adjuster and/or its insurer. 

Contact Us